11 Comments

1. Hailfire on May 20, 2017 at 3:46 am

Thank you for writing this up! It answers the questions I had very well and I’ll be sure to pass a link to some friends who were wondering the same thing.

My friends and I are sci-fi buffs and so have no experience with any of the other Iron Realms muds or other fantasy muds so this will be our first taste of what Iron Realms has to offer. Thoroughly looking forwards to it!

2. Rasui on May 21, 2017 at 9:29 am

A few more questions I thought of while reading the write up:

1. Will Starmourn follow IRE standard and go with UK, or break the mold to go with US spelling?
    2. What measurement system will be used? Metric? Imperial? Something unique?
    3. Will each race have appearance suggestions for people that don’t want to scour the site for data? (Average height and build, common eye/hair colors, if they even HAVE eyes/hair)

• Matt on May 21, 2017 at 11:24 pm

We’re doing US spelling. This is the future, and with all due respect to the Brits, their way of spelling represents the past.

Metric measurement system, for the same reason.

Good idea on appearance suggestions! Easy to do too.

3. T.A. on May 21, 2017 at 11:13 pm

Meh.

Roving packs of thieves and all the other game talk in Achaea is why I went to Aetolia in the first place.

Maybe an RP flag or No-RP flag in the “honors” would help?

Cause this will kill it for me. I mean how will orgs even function without RP?

“Hi Scroudel Matrix! I is Cliff AKA Snazzy-name. I’s do 1.5k damage a burst attack at lvl 55. Can I get moved to matrix level 4 without the interview since I don’t RP? LOLz.”

• T.A. on May 21, 2017 at 11:48 pm

I mean isn’t the devolving of RP, ic/ooc, and players why the house system and the strict tradein and other credit returns in Achaea were implemented?

Or am I asuming too much?

• matt on May 21, 2017 at 11:57 pm

Definitely assuming too much. 😉

• T.A. on May 22, 2017 at 12:53 am

Fair enough. Still can’t wait!

If I get rolled/robbed in the first 5 minutes of playing I’m gonna find and cut your levitation strings.

• matt on May 22, 2017 at 12:55 am

🙂

4. Satomi on May 22, 2017 at 7:12 am

I might have missed it before, how will revive be handled? All other IRE have some type of revive mechanic (All through deities) but this is sci-fi themed, and that generally manifests as a clone. That said, clones tend to be only affordable by the rich, so it’d be hard to RP a low-life poor person and have a clone sitting tidily in a goo-vat in some hospital on Alpha Prime or something.

• matt on May 22, 2017 at 3:53 pm

You’ll have to wait until we announce that, but you’re on the right track.

5. Sairys on May 31, 2017 at 8:27 am

Is it possible to have an ooc flag?

Like, if there are clan equivalents they can be marked as ooc and tells/messages can have “ooc ” which prepends [ooc] to the start, possibly with a config option to block them while still receiving ic tells/messages?