The year is chugging along, and Starmourn is chugging along with it. It’s April now, and while the weather is getting warmer for most of the northern hemisphere, things in Starmourn are heating up too. In fact, we’ve been experiencing a bit of a population boom lately. We welcome our new friends, and once all these government shutdowns are over (as soon as possible, please!?), we hope that at least some of you will find a way to stick around!
Here’s a few things you might have missed if you haven’t been logging in.
Murder at Scatterfest
Remember that music festival we talked about? Yeah, that happened…but things didn’t exactly go according to plan.
The mood was high and energized after successful sets from KONF3KTION and Orrin Omnifarious, and the crowd was more than warmed up for the
headlining band – the famous Space Rogues – when they took the stage. However, halfway through the first song of their set, disaster struck. During some kind of lighting malfunction, the lead singer, Silhouette, appeared to be killed on stage. Naturally, the festival descended into chaos, with accusations being thrown at everyone from the event organizer to other bands about who was responsible. The Space Rogues pleaded for Scatterhome to take responsibility for the crime that had been committed, and the Marshals Woodro Phis’tor and Poet tried to keep order in an increasingly riotous crowd. Hope, Orrin Moonchild, Agi Ironbound, and many other individuals swiftly began to investigate.
Things are currently under investigation in Scatterhome, and there is a bounty for any information active and waiting to be claimed. Could the recent, violent overturning of a Bodean warehouse (and the destruction of several valuable security bots belonging to a local collection agency) have something to do with this, or was it just an unrelated coincidence? Murder and mayhem are awfully common things in the rowdiest faction in the game, after all.
The Sabiak Teahouse and Spa
We know life has been stressful for a lot of people lately. So it might interest you all to learn about the Sabiak Teahouse and Spa that recently opened on Atria, the Decheeran homeworld.
Whether you’re a Decheeran or not, Thistletwig and Filbert hope you will come visit. Enjoy a rootsoak or a scented infusion, enjoy the many varieties of tea that are available, and help feed the poikos (or take one home to put in your fishtank.)
With five new quests, a bunch of cool souvenirs, and even a hidden title (can you find it?), this establishment was a labor of love, with wholesome, leafy delight in every detail.
In April, the Worldbreaker’s Wheel is once again the game of choice in Starmourn sector. This month, we have a bunch of new, spring-related items and artifacts that can be won from the Wheel, including:
- RoamTek Botanicals is proud to release their gardener’s starter kit. Perfect for hobbyists, this rustic crate will be a charming addition to your decor, and has also been packed full of everything you need to get started with growing your own flowers. Comes with a random assortment of seeds sourced from all over the galaxy!
- Straight from the exotic greenhouses on Jerzah comes a potted heik-il plant. Don’t let those who say this species is a dangerous, toxic weed dissuade you from owning one of these unique companions. They’re really rather friendly, and very easy to feed – they’ll eat just about anything!
- An experimental environmental control panel has been released by Clear Skies Consolidated, allowing you to manipulate the very atmosphere and environment of your ship. Installed with cutting edge software that is intelligent enough to construct a pleasing environmental response based on your vaguest voice commands.
- A fresh new issue of Downhome Spacer is abloom with springtime fashion tips this month, along with gardening related news and articles from all over the sector.
- The Repopulator – Little is known about the workings of this device, as it just popped up on the market recently, without disclosure of origin. When activated, it reboots the neural activity in the brain of all denizens in the area and sends their regenerative systems into overdrive, effectively reanimating everything in the area. (ACTIVATE REPOPULATOR to respawn all mobs in an area every 2 hours). The Repopulator is available for free purchase at any time for 1500cr in the ARTIFACT LIST
- Camou-foliage – The latest in stalking and spying, the Camou-foliage will erect a believable holographic field around you, masking you behind the image of a large shrubbery to all prying eyes. (Hides you in the room until you perform an action. Leaves a shrubbery visible in the room though)
A new collectible set has been released in our ‘historical’ category. Collect all five cards to learn about these historical Decheerans and their influence on the sector, and as always, collecting a complete set of normal or foiled cards will allow you to receive some unique bonuses. The normal set bonus will grant you a unique nature/plant themed message when you are killed and will also alter the look of your corpse to fit this theme. The foil set bonus will allow you to COLLECTIBLES ACTIVATE 12 to call forth a mass of writhing vines in your location. The vines will last for 2 minutes or until a personal enemy attempts to leave the room, where the vines will pull the person back into the room, put them off balance and prone them.
Check out HELP COLLECTIBLES for more on how the collectible system works!
And as is always the case, you can earn yourself a free Wheel spin every day after playing for at least an hour, or buy as many tokens as you want under the ‘artifact packages’ section of our website.
We are leaving out a lot of stuff, here. We haven’t even talked about our recent Discord discussion led by Bandus, the activity level and enthusiasm of Saio and Damiel (our newest Storytellers), the recent glut of updates to our public wiki, or the upcoming Enterprise system (spoiler alert!). And don’t even get us started on what we on staff have been tossing around as an idea for a big summer blockbuster event…it’s a doozy.
If you’re reading this, we hope you’ll consider logging in and getting in on some of this action. As one of our players said back at launch, the game is here, and ready to welcome you with a shot of whiskey, a mug of hot cocoa, and a greeting full of sarcasm of profanity. See you there!